News:

Please use the DSA Website Help/FAQ category for help with common issues.

Main Menu

Experience with Vimly and the RMT process

Started by Bret Sackett, Saturday April, 23, 2022, 07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret Sackett

Hi everyone...

Over the past several months, I have received several complaints about Vimly, the 3rd party administrator that manages our RMT, particularly as it relates to their responsiveness and communication, as well as the "on-boarding" process for new retirees.   

The RMT was established by our members and should work for members!  It is imperative that we have a 3rd party administrator that works to make the process as easy as possible.  If you are a recent retiree, the Board of Trustees is interested in hearing about your experience.  Please shoot me an email, text or phone call.  My email is bretsackett@yahoo.com and my phone number is 707-975-0858.  You can also contact any of the other board members:  Clancy Faria, Brandon Jones, Anthony Diehm and Rich Dunlap.  Their contact info is listed in the contact section of the RMT forum on the DSA website. 

Thanks,

Bret
RMT Chair

• Patrol, Sonoma PD, DSA Board Member / DSLEM Bargaining Team, RMT Trustee

Mike Vail

Hi Bret,

Thank you for posting this. I'm currently going through the enrollment process myself and will document something for you. If you don't mind, I'd like to post it here in this thread so others can confirm or deny if they too have dealt with the same issues. I will also email it to you for you to share with Vimly as you see fit.  My thinking is it may generate more responses for you.

I have definitely identified things that need to be improved / fixed. I spoke with Suzan Kolb at Vimly recently in hopes of ironing some of the issues out with her as well. I'll include the info she shared and what she and I came up with to address a few things when I send my message to you.

I hope to have the enrollment process completed in the next week.

Take care and thank you for taking this on!

Warmly,
Mike Vail
Mike's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. HIT IT!" - The Blues Brothers
  • Patrol, FTO, EOD, Windsor PD, Courts, DSA VP, DSA President

Mike Vail

Good Morning Bret,

I sent you an email with the my recommendations to improve the enrollment process for retiring members. I'll post it here later this week so you can vet it for accuracy first.

Have a great weekend,
Mike Vail
Mike's Favorite Quotes:
"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood" - General George Patton
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week" - General George Patton
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other poor bastards die for theirs" - General George Patton
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" - George Orwell
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. HIT IT!" - The Blues Brothers
  • Patrol, FTO, EOD, Windsor PD, Courts, DSA VP, DSA President